Driver killed after smashing into section of Phoenix-area freeway
PHOENIX — The driver of a pickup truck was killed Monday morning when the vehicle smashed into an underpass of a Phoenix-area freeway.
The bridge on Interstate 17 North at Pinnacle Peak Road was closed for about three hours. The truck went off the road and climbed an embankment before it crashed into the underpass.
Engineers were called to check the structural integrity of the bridge.
No other details were available.
- Phoenix area posts second-largest increase in construction jobs in US
- Multiple Arizona cities chosen as top places to retire, Scottsdale ranks first
- Free speech lawsuit against Arizona State University reaches agreement
- Prosecutors say doctor’s prescriptions caused Arizona woman’s death
- California-based chocolate factory to move location to Phoenix area