Driver killed after smashing into section of Phoenix-area freeway
PHOENIX — The driver of a pickup truck was killed Monday morning when the vehicle smashed into an underpass of a Phoenix-area freeway.
The bridge on Interstate 17 North at Pinnacle Peak Road was closed for about three hours. The truck went off the road and climbed an embankment before it crashed into the underpass.
Engineers were called to check the structural integrity of the bridge.
No other details were available.
- Eastern Arizona wildfire continues to grow, now burned 19,000-plus acres
- Q&A: How walkout by Arizona teachers is expected to play out
- Churches, organizations offer to assist Arizona families during walkout
- Arizona Senate can’t change rules for replacing McCain
- Legislature OKs auto fee boost to end raid on road cash