PHOENIX — The driver of a pickup truck was killed Monday morning when the vehicle smashed into an underpass of a Phoenix-area freeway.
The bridge on Interstate 17 North at Pinnacle Peak Road was closed for about three hours. The truck went off the road and climbed an embankment before it crashed into the underpass.
Engineers were called to check the structural integrity of the bridge.
No other details were available.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Former Sheriff Joe Arpaio asks US Supreme Court for jury trial in contempt case
- Arizona high court rules ex-state official Tom Horne didn’t get fair hearing
- Four inmates hospitalized after racially-motivated fight in Arizona prison
- Arizona’s Route 66 specialty plate wins national best-of contest
- National Guard to hold emergency drill at Arizona Capitol