PHOENIX — The driver of a pickup truck was killed Monday morning when the vehicle smashed into an underpass of a Phoenix-area freeway.
The bridge on Interstate 17 North at Pinnacle Peak Road was closed for about three hours. The truck went off the road and climbed an embankment before it crashed into the underpass.
Engineers were called to check the structural integrity of the bridge.
No other details were available.
- Mormon church announces closure of Mesa Temple for renovation
- Arizona to receive funding from HUD for home hazard protection
- IRS scams still going strong in Arizona even after Tax Day passes
- Talking ICE: Immigration raids, sanctuaries, visas create questions
- Live blog: Temperatures continue to drop in Phoenix but 100-plus stays