Closures on I-10 in Phoenix set to last most of week
PHOENIX — Almost a week of overnight closures were set to begin Monday along Interstate 10 in Phoenix.
The Arizona Department of Transportation scheduled installation of traffic-flow sensors starting on eastbound I-10 at 35th Avenue and working west nightly from 9 p.m. until 5 a.m.
The roadwork was to be completed by Friday morning, just as the rush-hour commute gets going.
• Eastbound I-10 closed at 35th Avenue from 9 p.m. Monday, March 20, to 5 a.m. Tuesday, March 21, for traffic-flow sensor installation. Eastbound I-10 on-ramps at 51st and 43rd avenues also closed.
• Westbound I-10 closed at 35th Avenue from 9 p.m. Tuesday to 5 a.m. Wednesday. Westbound I-10 on-ramp at 27th Avenue and Interstate 17 connections to westbound I-10 also closed.
• I-10 East will be closed at 83rd Avenue from 9 p.m. Wednesday to 5 a.m. Thursday. Eastbound I-10 on-ramps at 99th and 91st avenues and the eastbound I-10 connection from Loop 101 will also be closed.
• I-10 East will be closed at 27th Avenue from 9 p.m. Thursday to 5 a.m. Friday, Eastbound I-10 on-ramps at 43rd and 35th avenues also will be closed.
- Arizona man becomes 20th person sentenced in telemarketing scheme
- Parts of northern Arizona forest to close this summer to prevent wildfires
- Arizona appeal court dismisses opposite-sex bias claim
- Trust in self-driving vehicles falls after accidents like ones in Arizona
- Phoenix forum empowers local women with presentations, discussion