Three people are dead and more than a dozen more were injured in two separate car accidents along 43rd Avenue in Phoenix on Sunday afternoon, the Phoenix Fire Department confirmed.
Sixty-five firefighters responded to a crash at 43rd Avenue and Maryland that as of Sunday night had killed two patients: a 16-year-old girl and a 7-year-old boy. Eight more, including five children, were sent to the hospital in critical condition, and three were treated and released on the scene.
One of those injured was extracted from a vehicle.
In the second accident Sunday, one 21-year-old male was killed, and five more were in critical condition. Two were children.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- 2 die, 2 seriously injured in Phoenix freeway accidents
- Main Street Minute: Phoenix Fire to offer free checkup of child car seats
- Phoenix police searching for suspect in fatal hit-and-run
- Phoenix Fire Department celebrates birthday of boy who nearly drowned
- Chemical leak near Interstate 10 and airport in Phoenix forces evacuations