Three dead, others injured in 2 separate accidents on 43rd Avenue in Phoenix
Three people are dead and more than a dozen more were injured in two separate car accidents along 43rd Avenue in Phoenix on Sunday afternoon, the Phoenix Fire Department confirmed.
Sixty-five firefighters responded to a crash at 43rd Avenue and Maryland that as of Sunday night had killed two patients: a 16-year-old girl and a 7-year-old boy. Eight more, including five children, were sent to the hospital in critical condition, and three were treated and released on the scene.
One of those injured was extracted from a vehicle.
In the second accident Sunday, one 21-year-old male was killed, and five more were in critical condition. Two were children.
- D-backs, Boys and Girls Club team up to give kids new bikes
- Drivers should be aware of northern Arizona wildlife during monsoons
- Phoenix Fire Department investigating house fire, gas leak
- Crews recover body of trapped worker days after drill rig topples
- 5 teenagers injured after fleeing Gilbert police, crashing car