Three people are dead and more than a dozen more were injured in two separate car accidents along 43rd Avenue in Phoenix on Sunday afternoon, the Phoenix Fire Department confirmed.
Sixty-five firefighters responded to a crash at 43rd Avenue and Maryland that as of Sunday night had killed two patients: a 16-year-old girl and a 7-year-old boy. Eight more, including five children, were sent to the hospital in critical condition, and three were treated and released on the scene.
One of those injured was extracted from a vehicle.
In the second accident Sunday, one 21-year-old male was killed, and five more were in critical condition. Two were children.
- Phoenix roller skating rink roof collapses after closing time
- Driver crashes into Paris police car, dies of injuries
- 2 die, 2 seriously injured in Phoenix freeway accidents
- Main Street Minute: Phoenix Fire to offer free checkup of child car seats
- Phoenix police searching for suspect in fatal hit-and-run