PHOENIX (AP) — Southwest Airlines says a pressurization issue forced a flight from Phoenix to Atlanta to make an emergency landing in Texas.
The airline says its pilots and crew followed emergency procedures to divert and land at the nearest airport when the midflight malfunction occurred Saturday morning.
No one was hurt, though the plane’s emergency oxygen masks were deployed.
Passengers on Southwest Flight No. 118 are expected to arrive to Atlanta about seven hours late.
The plane that landed in Amarillo, Texas has been taken out of service for inspection and repairs.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Ruling: Crime areas, others’ actions don’t justify Arizona police frisks
- Arizona officials encouraging education to battle opioid epidemic
- Phoenix ranks eighth in nation in startup business activity
- Supervisors approve tentative $2.49B budget for Maricopa County
- Ringing in summer: Saturn returning to Arizona skies in May and June