Seeing green: Phoenix-area fountain goes green for St. Patrick’s Day
PHOENIX — It’s a St. Patrick’s Day tradition like no other: A large fountain in Fountain Hills, Arizona, has been dyed green to celebrate the Irish holiday.
For residents of Fountain Hills, this is nothing new, but the tradition still catches the eye of residents and visitors alike.
This St. Patrick’s Day was a little bit different for Fountain Hills residents because the town celebrated the holiday without its annual festival, which typically features Irish music, food and drinks.
For those who are looking to visit the fountain and get a taste of what Fountain Hills has to offer, the town will be holding the Fountain O’Green Artisan Market through Sunday.
- Valley law enforcement K9s undergo explosive detection training
- For fifth year in a row, organ donations in Arizona on the rise
- ‘Safety corridors’ along Arizona freeways saw fewer crashes in 2017
- Here are the Phoenix-area highway restrictions for Jan. 19 weekend
- 80-year-old accused of Tucson bank robbery has decades-old record