TUCSON, Ariz. — The state’s three universities are asking the Board of Regents to approve higher tuition and fee rates for the coming academic year.
Arizona State University, the University of Arizona and Northern Arizona University submitted their proposals Friday.
At ASU, new undergraduates who are Arizona residents would see tuition and fees increase by 1.4 percent, from $10,640 to $10,792.
Incoming in-state undergrads at UofA will pay $12,227, a 3.9 percent increase from the current $11,769 per year.
New NAU students will see tuition and fees go up 2.7 percent, from $10,764 to $11,059.
The Regents will examine the rate increase proposals and at their April meeting.
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- Police: Parents delay help for wounded boy to scrub evidence
- Miller and Mack still close after time together at Xavier
- 10 winners announced for $50,000 writing awards
- Lawmaker proposes tax help for big manufacturing firms in Arizona
- Notes lead rescuers to woman lost in northern Arizona for five days