PHOENIX — As temperatures continue to climb, many snowbirds are getting ready to leave the Valley and return to their cooler climates.
St. Mary’s Food Bank Alliance is asking those winter visitors to clean out their pantries before they leave and, if they have any items they don’t want, to consider donating them.
“This is a great chance to clean out your pantry, drop off that food and get it to folks who need it,” Jerry Brown with Saint Mary’s Food Bank said
From March 20 to April 21, St. Mary’s will have food drive boxes set up at both their Phoenix and Surprise locations.
“We’re looking for things like peanut butter, canned fruits and vegetables, canned tunas and proteins — pretty much anything in your pantry that’s unopened,” Brown said.
Thirteen Culver’s restaurants in the Valley are also joining the food drive in setting up drop-off locations. Anyone who brings five or more items will receive a voucher for a free scoop of ice cream or a dish of frozen custard.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Phoenix food bank begins annual drive to deliver one million meals
- Democrats, Kyrsten Sinema should be ashamed of accepting Backpage donations
- Main Street Minute: Teens can shop for free at prom ‘store’ in Peoria
- UA College of Pharmacy receives more than $12 million toward expansion, renovation
- Renovation begins on telescope used in Pluto discovery