Maricopa County partners with Lyft to get people home safe on St. Patrick’s Day
PHOENIX — Maricopa County has partnered with Lyft to help those who had a little too much St. Patrick’s Day fun get home safe on Friday.
“We’re just promoting, you know, definitely leave your keys at home, take your phone — you can think of this as your stay out of jail app,” Amanda Jacinto with the Maricopa County Attorney’s Office said.
First-time users of the Lyft app can download it and enter to code BELUCKY for $5 off their first 10 rides.
Those who already have Lyft can enter the code BELUCKY17 to get 5 percent off two rides on Friday.
This is not the first time the Maricopa County Attorney’s Office has partnered with a rideshare company to get people home safely.
The county first paired with Uber in 2015 during the holiday season.
- More people opting to use ride-sharing services over ambulances
- Arizona officials report slight uptick in St. Patrick’s Day weekend DUI arrests
- Weekend wrap-up: Biggest news stories from St. Patrick’s Day weekend
- Triple-A to offer ‘Tipsy Tow’ car services during St. Patrick’s Day
- Phoenix-area freeways to remain open during St. Patrick’s Day weekend