PHOENIX — Maricopa County has partnered with Lyft to help those who had a little too much St. Patrick’s Day fun get home safe on Friday.
“We’re just promoting, you know, definitely leave your keys at home, take your phone — you can think of this as your stay out of jail app,” Amanda Jacinto with the Maricopa County Attorney’s Office said.
First-time users of the Lyft app can download it and enter to code BELUCKY for $5 off their first 10 rides.
Those who already have Lyft can enter the code BELUCKY17 to get 5 percent off two rides on Friday.
This is not the first time the Maricopa County Attorney’s Office has partnered with a rideshare company to get people home safely.
The county first paired with Uber in 2015 during the holiday season.
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- Phoenix reaches record 96 degrees on last day of winter
- Seeing green: Phoenix-area fountain goes green for St. Patrick’s Day
- Several Phoenix freeways to be closed overnight during St. Patrick’s Day weekend
- Plenty of Irish bars offer up fun for St. Patrick’s Day weekend in Phoenix
- Arizona lawmaker pushes to cut vehicle fleet by using Uber for state workers