Phoenix-area police searching for suspect in attempted kidnapping
PHOENIX — Police are searching for a suspect who they say attempted to kidnap a 6-year-old girl in a Phoenix suburb late Thursday night.
Det. Lily Duran, a spokesperson for Tempe Police Department, said a male suspect attempted to pull a 6-year-old girl into a car near Broadway Road and McClintock Drive in Tempe. The girl was able to get away and was not harmed.
Duran said the suspect is described as a 20- to 30-year-old black male with a thin build. He was wearing a red T-shirt and black jeans and had tattoos on both arms. Police said he was driving a four-door sedan.
Duran said an investigation is ongoing and police are searching the area for the suspect.
- Trump’s plan to seek death penalty for drug traffickers may not be effective
- Sprouts, Starbucks among stores in Phoenix mixed-use development
- Phoenix expected to reach high temperatures of 90 degrees Thursday
- Tucson girl, 14, to play in Drive, Chip and Putt contest at Masters
- Transient suspected in Phoenix homicide arrested at bus stop