Several Phoenix freeways to be closed overnight during St. Patrick’s Day weekend
PHOENIX — This St. Patrick’s Day weekend, get lucky and avoid spending time sitting in traffic. These are the Phoenix-area freeways that will be closed during the weekend of March 17, according to the Arizona Department of Transportation.
• Southbound Interstate 17 will be closed between Dunlap and Glendale avenues from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday for rubberized asphalt resurfacing. Southbound I-17 on-ramp at Peoria Avenue will also be closed.
• Southbound Loop 101 will be closed between US 60 and Warner Road from 10 p.m. Friday to 11 a.m. Saturday for overhead sign work. Both US 60 ramps to southbound Loop 101 will also be closed.
• Southbound Loop 101 will be closed between Warner Road and Loop 202 in Chandler from 10 p.m. Saturday to 10 a.m. Sunday for overhead sign work.
- Video shows emergency landing of flight from Phoenix to Dallas
- Arizona Diamondbacks’ outfielder Yasmany Tomas arrested in Valley
- Police charge possible Phoenix spree killer with nine murders
- Amazon passes over Arizona cities for second headquarters site
- Could downtown Phoenix be the next major hub for high-tech companies?