BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (AP) — A woman says she was forced into her car at gunpoint, robbed of her cell phone and wallet, and later ordered into the trunk. She managed to jump out as the gunman began to drive off from a gas station.
Police on Thursday were searching for the suspect who kidnapped the 25-year-old woman outside her apartment in Birmingham’s Avondale neighborhood about 10:30 p.m. Tuesday.
Sgt. Bryan Shelton tells Al.com (http://bit.ly/2nJjPM8 ) that she escaped more than an hour later after the car stopped at Gas Land, where he unsuccessfully tried to withdraw cash from an ATM.
As the suspect started to drive off, the trunk popped open. The woman jumped out, rolled once and ran inside the store, where station owner Yosef Alsabah says he locked the door and called police.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain