PHOENIX — For the next year, HGTV viewers are going to be salivating over the channel’s annual dream home giveaway, as they are every time it is introduced.
But this time, it has more significance for us desert dwellers. This year’s HGTV Smart Home is located in Scottsdale.
The three-bedroom, four-bathroom, 3,300-square-foot home will be given away later this year. Entries for the contest can be submitted next month, and you can sign up for reminders online.
After checking out the home, we’re definitely sending in our entries. The home has a two-story great room complete with a custom fireplace, a separate bar area with a wine fridge and a huge kitchen.
It also has two guest suites and a master bathroom that looks more like a spa than your typical bathroom.
The backyard looks a little small, but it comes with an artificial turf yard and a swimming pool, which is perfect for the Arizona summer.
The home was designed by HGTV personality Tiffany Brooks and will be featured in three special episodes in April, May and July. Those episodes will cover the home’s construction and design, as well as the lucky winner’s tour.
We’re sure you’re probably itching to see what you’d win after you enter. Flip through the gallery below to take a look at the HGTV Smart Home in Scottsdale.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Former Sheriff Joe Arpaio asks US Supreme Court for jury trial in contempt case
- Police arrest man armed with four guns, knives inside Phoenix Comicon
- Arizona high court rules ex-state official Tom Horne didn’t get fair hearing
- Four inmates hospitalized after racially-motivated fight in Arizona prison
- Arizona’s Route 66 specialty plate wins national best-of contest