PHOENIX — A chemical leak at a business near a hotel and Interstate 10 in Phoenix forced evacuations of the area Thursday morning.
The Phoenix Fire Department’s hazmat teams cleared surrounding buildings at 34th Street and University Drive to clean up a spill of diborane, a compound made up of boron and hydrogen. Diborane is unstable, according to the U.S. National Library.
The businesses at the site, which is close to Sky Harbor Airport, include an electronics parts supplier.
No other details were immediately available.
- President Donald Trump to visit Yuma on Tuesday
- ASU bringing Amazon’s ‘Alexa’ into classes, new dorm
- Tempe’s Carvana ranked top-50 in America’s fastest-growing companies
- Arizona Rep. Trent Franks believes Trump will pardon Arpaio, supports it
- Phoenix’s main library will be shut down for nearly a year