Chemical leak near Interstate 10 and airport in Phoenix forces evacuations
PHOENIX — A chemical leak at a business near a hotel and Interstate 10 in Phoenix forced evacuations of the area Thursday morning.
The Phoenix Fire Department’s hazmat teams cleared surrounding buildings at 34th Street and University Drive to clean up a spill of diborane, a compound made up of boron and hydrogen. Diborane is unstable, according to the U.S. National Library.
The businesses at the site, which is close to Sky Harbor Airport, include an electronics parts supplier.
No other details were immediately available.
- Phoenix-area luxury hotel recognized as one of best in southwest, nation
- The Challenger Space Center to call Phoenix a temporary home
- Arizona shares a favorite fast food joint with many other states
- Estimated population of squirrel plummets after Arizona wildfire
- Jodi Arias appeal prolonged by transcript errors and omissions