We’ve all been there: You’re driving home at night when, all of a sudden, the red and blue lights start flashing in the rear-view mirror.
There’s a police officer pulling up behind you and all you can think of is, “Man, I really can’t afford a ticket!”
Of course, we’ve all tried to give an excuse as to why we were speeding, failed to signal or something else, but the interaction usually ends with us holding an expensive slip of paper.
But when police pulled over a student at the University of Central Arkansas recently, things went a little different.
Officers spotted someone driving slowly with a brake light out and believed the driver may have been drinking, especially when he almost clipped a curb.
However, when they pulled him over, the officers learned that he was studying at the library and knew his brake light was out, which is why he was driving slow.
When police saw that his license plate said “juggler,” they asked him about it. As it turned out, the man they pulled over was both a magician and juggler and gave the officers a roadside show.
The traffic stop ended with a few laughs and handshakes all around.
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- Cuteness overload reaches maximum on National Puppy Day
- Lawsuit: Woman claims two Phoenix-area cops made her take DUI test half naked
- Dog messes up agility course the whole time, still has the time of his life
- Georgia, the country, goes all out for its 6 millionth tourist
- Unique robot shows off impressive strength and mobility