We’ve all been there: You’re driving home at night when, all of a sudden, the red and blue lights start flashing in the rear-view mirror.
There’s a police officer pulling up behind you and all you can think of is, “Man, I really can’t afford a ticket!”
Of course, we’ve all tried to give an excuse as to why we were speeding, failed to signal or something else, but the interaction usually ends with us holding an expensive slip of paper.
But when police pulled over a student at the University of Central Arkansas recently, things went a little different.
Officers spotted someone driving slowly with a brake light out and believed the driver may have been drinking, especially when he almost clipped a curb.
However, when they pulled him over, the officers learned that he was studying at the library and knew his brake light was out, which is why he was driving slow.
When police saw that his license plate said “juggler,” they asked him about it. As it turned out, the man they pulled over was both a magician and juggler and gave the officers a roadside show.
The traffic stop ended with a few laughs and handshakes all around.
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Caring Crisis: Rising tide In Alzheimer’s disease leads to shortage of caregivers
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain