Dave Ramsey says: Warehouse grocery clubs have great deals, but shop wisely
I know you’re big on bargains and saving money. How do you feel about warehouse clubs, like Costco and Sam’s Club?
We have both of those in our neighborhood, and I’m a big fan.
There are definitely some good buys and great bargains to be had in places like that. To be honest, my wife is probably a bigger fan than I am. I suspect we save more money from her trips than mine to those spots.
I will advise you to watch your spending carefully in warehouse clubs.
Most people overbuy in situations like that, especially those of us who are spenders by nature.
Believe it or not, I’m a spender by nature. To this day, if I’m not careful, I’m still bad about buying things I don’t need – or too much of the things I do need – in warehouse clubs.
Have fun in there, and make sure you find some steals on smart things you can stock up on. Just don’t go crazy and wreck your budget by overspending!
- Dave Ramsey says: There’s little reason to use check-cashing stores
- Dave Ramsey says: Mom’s thievery leaves son in college-loan hole
- Dave Ramsey says: Change withholdings, keep more money in pocket now
- Dave Ramsey says: Layoff insurance is a gimmick to avoid
- Dave Ramsey says: Better late than never in paying off credit-card debt