PHOENIX — President Donald Trump recently proposed a $1 trillion infrastructure budget during his Congressional address, but Arizona Gov. Doug Ducey has already turned in his wish list.
Ducey is asking for $600 million to improve and advance infrastructure projects around the state, including improvements on Interstate 10 in southern Arizona to continue trading with Mexico.
The governor also said he would use the money to test lead in school water systems, upgrade school ventilation systems and advance projects on military bases.
“Arizona has 600,000 veterans [who] live here year-round,” he said. “We’ve got Luke Air Force Base, Davis-Monthan, Fort Huachuca — all those things would be positive for Arizona.”
Other proposed infrastructure projects include building a new well for the northern Arizona town of Williams, repairing a reservoir in Jerome and completing upgrades to State Route 189 near Tucson.
Trump said the funding for his infrastructure plan would come from both private and public capital, but did not specify in his speech where the investments would come from.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Arizona legislature to seek dismissal of initiative law challenge
- Opinion: Before we slam Trump’s $4.1T budget, let the experts look at it
- Physically assaulting a reporter is wrong — unless they’re liberal?
- Trump travel ban blocked; fight headed for Supreme Court
- Judge will reconsider ruling blocking Trump’s sanctuary cities order