There are lots of questions about this heist.
On Thursday, Jan. 12, 2017 at 6:20 a.m., two men walked into the McDonalds at 24th Street and Osborn Road.
“One of these suspects is trying really hard to hide who he is,” Phoenix Police Sgt. Jamie Rothschild said. “He has a dark hoodie pulled around his face. He walked in the door, walked behind the counter and straight to the back of the store.”
The other guy, wearing a beanie, was trying to appear casual. He initially stayed in the front of the store pretending to be on his cell phone, then suddenly headed to the back of the store as well.
Rothschild said what’s concerning is that you don’t see any employees in the surveillance video.
“That’s because the suspect in the beanie pointed to a gun in his pocket to gain compliance.”
The employees scattered and hid.
Police later learned the first suspect went straight for the back office where the safe had been left open.
“It is possible that they knew someone who worked at another store or that the suspects worked at another store,” Rothschild saod. “That’s why someone who recognizes these guys or heard them talking about it could really help us close this case.”
- Police looking for suspects in 2003 murder of Phoenix woman
- Police need leads in Mesa boy’s murder [RE-BROADCAST OF 10/29/2012]
- Police hoping for leads in Valley cold case murder, robbery
- Police looking for suspects in robbery, assault [RE-BROADCAST OF 10/22/2012]
- Police looking for two voyeurism suspects in Valley