Silver Alert canceled, missing, ailing Mesa man found
PHOENIX — An elderly diabetic man who went missing from Mesa has been found safe, ending a Silver Alert.
Authorities said Cristino Vega, 82, who suffers from dementia, was found in Texas by border agents.
Vega drove all night. He had last been seen in Mesa near Power Road and University shortly before 9 p.m. Tuesday. He had driven away in a dark blue Hyundai Sonata bearing New York license plate FMG4655.
Police said he had his wallet and cellphone but not the insulin he needed to treat his diabetes.
Vega has been in Arizona for about two months.
- Arizona Gov. Doug Ducey delivers outlook for difficult wildfire season
- Special: Debate over gun violence in schools divides Arizona experts
- Arizona bill helps first responders get compensation, therapy for PTSD
- St. Mary’s high school in Phoenix cancels classes due to alleged threat
- Ballot measure would raise production of clean energy in Arizona