Silver Alert canceled, missing, ailing Mesa man found
PHOENIX — An elderly diabetic man who went missing from Mesa has been found safe, ending a Silver Alert.
Authorities said Cristino Vega, 82, who suffers from dementia, was found in Texas by border agents.
Vega drove all night. He had last been seen in Mesa near Power Road and University shortly before 9 p.m. Tuesday. He had driven away in a dark blue Hyundai Sonata bearing New York license plate FMG4655.
Police said he had his wallet and cellphone but not the insulin he needed to treat his diabetes.
Vega has been in Arizona for about two months.
- Phoenix-area residents can now buy a car — from a vending machine
- Saturn to return to Arizona skies in June
- Arizona man sentenced to 20 months in prison for Wisconsin cyberattack
- McCain, GOP senators call on Sessions to halt family separation practice
- ADOT’s online permit test has been used 23,000 times in 3 months