PHOENIX — An elderly diabetic man who went missing from Mesa has been found safe, ending a Silver Alert.
Authorities said Cristino Vega, 82, who suffers from dementia, was found in Texas by border agents.
Vega drove all night. He had last been seen in Mesa near Power Road and University shortly before 9 p.m. Tuesday. He had driven away in a dark blue Hyundai Sonata bearing New York license plate FMG4655.
Police said he had his wallet and cellphone but not the insulin he needed to treat his diabetes.
Vega has been in Arizona for about two months.
- McCain returns to Senate amid applause, votes to repeal Obamacare
- Footprints on Arizona road lead border agents to big marijuana haul
- Arizona’s Verde Valley to be focus of historic home restoration show
- Fire destroys popular Mining Camp Restaurant near Phoenix
- Sedona man gets 120-year sentence for child pornography