No, we don’t have robots catering to our every need just yet like you might see in “I, Robot.”
But based off how one robot operates that was built by Boston Dynamics, we might just be getting closer.
In the video you can see how mobile the metallic “creature” is and how it can rotate its body into many directions.
It’s called Handle, and according to Boston Dynamics, the research robot “stands 6.5 feet tall, travels at 9 mph and jumps 4 feet vertically. It uses electric power to operate both electric and hydraulic actuators, with a range of about 15 miles on one battery charge.”
It demonstrates impressive strength by lifting and carrying 100 pounds of weight with ease, jumps on a table, and goes rolling down a hill in snow staying upright.
Based off the jetpack that was shown off recently, it’s clear that technology is just plain cool.
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Caring Crisis: Rising tide In Alzheimer’s disease leads to shortage of caregivers
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Putter the squirrel loves ice cream more than most people
- ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ gets the hilarious ‘Bad Lip Reading’ treatment
- British man goes full Iron Man, builds jet-pack suit
- Adorable video of little girl talking to robot disguised as water heater goes viral
- Cuteness overload reaches maximum on National Puppy Day