Rep. Martha McSally to sing national anthem at U of A basketball game
PHOENIX — Rep. Martha McSally, who serves in the U.S. House of Representatives for Arizona’s second congressional district, is slated to sing the national anthem before the No. 4 Arizona Wildcats take on No. 5 UCLA on Saturday.
McSally, a Republican from Tucson, has been a Representative in the House for just over two years. Her district lies in southeastern Arizona and covers a significant portion of Tucson.
Prior to her election to the House, she served in the U.S. Air Force for 26 years. She retired as a Colonel and was the first woman in U.S. history to fly into combat. According to her website, she accrued 2,600 flight hours, including over 325 combat hours.
You can watch the game on ESPN. Tip-off is at 6:15 p.m.
- Phoenix Sky Harbor ties for third-best ‘mega airport’ satisfaction rating
- Scientists: Desert turtle earns endangered status, 100 left in Arizona
- I-10 to be narrowed to one lane for nearly a week near Chandler
- Four Arizona cities among top 50 ‘most fun’ cities in US
- Trump’s comments about anthem, Steph Curry inflame sports stars