Rep. Martha McSally to sing national anthem at U of A basketball game
PHOENIX — Rep. Martha McSally, who serves in the U.S. House of Representatives for Arizona’s second congressional district, is slated to sing the national anthem before the No. 4 Arizona Wildcats take on No. 5 UCLA on Saturday.
McSally, a Republican from Tucson, has been a Representative in the House for just over two years. Her district lies in southeastern Arizona and covers a significant portion of Tucson.
Prior to her election to the House, she served in the U.S. Air Force for 26 years. She retired as a Colonel and was the first woman in U.S. history to fly into combat. According to her website, she accrued 2,600 flight hours, including over 325 combat hours.
You can watch the game on ESPN. Tip-off is at 6:15 p.m.
- Man admits to trying to steal train near downtown Phoenix
- Tampa Bay QB Jameis Winston denies groping Uber driver in Scottsdale
- Drone carrying drugs, cellphones crashes at Arizona prison
- Off Central: Phoenix man works as auctioneer for more than 30 years
- Ducey aims to employ more people with disabilities in state agencies