Bruce St. James gives his picks for the 2017 Oscars
The annual Academy Awards will be held Sunday and, seeing as we didn’t have time to see all the nominees this year, we asked Bruce St. James to give us his picks for the Oscars.
Like pretty much everyone else who has heard of it, Bruce is certain the critically-acclaimed “La La Land” will is a shoe-in for several awards. It’s a musical about the golden age of Hollywood that was reviewed by people who came up int eh golden age of Hollywood.
Is anyone shocked it’s up for a record-tying 14 nominations?
However, “La La Land” is facing some stiff competition from several smaller films, especially “Moonlight.” The film about a young, black, gay man growing up in Miami has a unique spin with really, really strong performances.
Bruce also said Casey Affleck’s role in “Manchester by the Sea” could end up stealing the Best Actor award while Ruth Negga could also surprise as the Best Actress winner for her role in “Loving.”
If you want to check out all the Best Picture nominees, flip through the gallery below.
Whichever movies and actors come out on top Sunday, it’s sure to be entertaining. Enjoy the Oscars, everyone!
- Arizona native Emma Stone to return to big screen for ‘Zombieland 2’
- Former worker criticizes conditions at Arizona facility for immigrant youth
- John Travolta, Kelly Preston discuss film ‘Gotti’ with Bruce St. James
- Box office top 20: Female-led ‘Ocean’s 8’ reboot dethrones ‘Solo’
- ‘Infinity War’ opens with record $250M, passing ‘Star Wars’