KTAR to honor broadcaster Pat McMahon with ‘Tip of the Hat to Pat’ roast
KTAR News 92.3 F.M. will honor local living legend Pat McMahon with a “Tip of the Hat to Pat” roast in Phoenix next month.
The roast will be hosted by KNIX’s Tim Hattrick and will feature rock legend Alice Cooper and local celebrities, including Fox 10’s Jude LaCava, KUPD’s John Holmberg, authors Jana Bommersbach and Rita Davenport and former ADL Director Bill Straus.
“I’m feeling both honored and terrified at the prospect of this event,” McMahon said. “But you can be sure that I’ll be able to dish it out, just as well as I can take it.”
“It’s not often you find yourself in the presence of a television and radio icon, in particular one who has had the career longevity that Pat has experienced, said Bonneville Phoenix Vice President of Content and Operations Ryan Hatch. “We couldn’t think of a more fitting way to honor Pat than to subject him to a bit of good-natured ribbing.”
The roast will be held at Stand Up Live Comedy Club in Phoenix on March 15. Tickets can be purchased online and will be $9.23 through Thursday. Starting Friday, tickets will be $15 until the day of the show.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- ‘Mary Tyler Moore Show’ actress Georgia Engel dies at 70
- Nick Offerman’s All Rise comedy tour stopping for a few laughs in Phoenix
- Man claims he was assaulted in homophobic attack in Phoenix
- Google cloud service signs on for space at Galvanize in Phoenix
- New downtown Phoenix condos will have prices starting under $180K