Cement truck crashes on Phoenix-area freeway
PHOENIX — A cement truck crashed on a Phoenix-area freeway Friday morning, causing injuries to two people and tying up traffic for a good long time starting at the tail end of rush hour.
Multiple vehicles were also caught up in the accident on northbound Loop 101 in Scottsdale. The truck’s drum cracked and spilled cement across the freeway. Lanes reopened shortly after 11 a.m. They were shut down for about four hours.
Lanes were closed at McDonald Drive and cars were backed up to McDowell Road.
The Arizona Department of Public Safety said the injured were taken to hospitals.
No other details were immediately available.
- I-10 to be narrowed to one lane for nearly a week near Chandler
- Four Arizona cities among top 50 ‘most fun’ cities in US
- Trump’s comments about anthem, Steph Curry inflame sports stars
- I-10 to have lane restrictions in both directions between Sept. 24-29
- Silver Alert canceled after missing Scottsdale woman found safe