PHOENIX — Officials at Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport said there were no injuries to passengers or crew after two planes clipped wings on the ground Thursday night.
The planes, a departing Frontier Airlines flight and an arriving Southwest Airlines flight, suffered minor damage in the accident. The Frontier flight was leaving for Denver while the Southwest flight was arriving from Oklahoma City the heading for Denver.
Officials said the Frontier flight was pushing back from its gate when it made contact with the other plane.
Airport crews said the bumping caused a fuel leak in one of the planes near Terminal Three.
Frontier put its 163 passengers aboard another plane. Southwest assisted passengers who missed connecting flights because of the delay.
The National Transportation Safety Board said it wasn’t going to launch an investigation of the accident.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- Arizona voter initiatives aim to legalize all drugs, marijuana in 2018 election
- Arizona Senate panel advances bill for prison notifications
- Arizona Gov. Doug Ducey signs initiative signature bill into law
- The Latest: Arizona’s loss means three 2-seeds are out
- Cell tower in Arizona canyon approved despite opposition