PHOENIX — The Arizona Department of Transportation has announced changes to one of its freeway closure plans for this weekend because of expected rain.
The plan to close the eastbound Interstate 10 between 75th Avenue and 51st Avenue has been rescheduled for a future weekend. The agency said that inclement weather could force more changes to scheduled freeway closures.
In the meantime, here are the plans for this weekend’s freeway restrictions around the Valley:
• Northbound Interstate 17 will be narrowed to one lane between 19th Avenue and Van Buren Street for construction. That closure begins Friday at 10 p.m. and will be lifted on Sunday at 5 p.m.
• The eastbound US 60 Superstition Freeway will be closed between Greenfield Road and Higley Road from 10 p.m. Friday to 9 a.m. Saturday for the installation of a traffic-flow detector. The eastbound on-ramp for the U.S. 60 at Val Vista Drive will also be closed.
• Eastbound U.S. 60 will close again, this time between Higley Road and Power Road, from 10 p.m. on Saturday to 9 a.m. on Sunday. The on-ramps to the eastbound US 60 at Val Vista Drive and Greenfield Road will be shut down for this closure.
You can find more information about freeway restrictions by visiting azdot.gov.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments