PHOENIX — The Arizona Department of Transportation has announced changes to one of its freeway closure plans for this weekend because of expected rain.
The plan to close the eastbound Interstate 10 between 75th Avenue and 51st Avenue has been rescheduled for a future weekend. The agency said that inclement weather could force more changes to scheduled freeway closures.
In the meantime, here are the plans for this weekend’s freeway restrictions around the Valley:
• Northbound Interstate 17 will be narrowed to one lane between 19th Avenue and Van Buren Street for construction. That closure begins Friday at 10 p.m. and will be lifted on Sunday at 5 p.m.
• The eastbound US 60 Superstition Freeway will be closed between Greenfield Road and Higley Road from 10 p.m. Friday to 9 a.m. Saturday for the installation of a traffic-flow detector. The eastbound on-ramp for the U.S. 60 at Val Vista Drive will also be closed.
• Eastbound U.S. 60 will close again, this time between Higley Road and Power Road, from 10 p.m. on Saturday to 9 a.m. on Sunday. The on-ramps to the eastbound US 60 at Val Vista Drive and Greenfield Road will be shut down for this closure.
You can find more information about freeway restrictions by visiting azdot.gov.
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes