I’ve stumbled across the best breakfast sandwich in town and it’s sandwiched — get it? — between Second and Third streets off Roosevelt Street.
On a walk toward downtown one Saturday morning, I decided to pop into Be Coffee + Food + Stuff for a boost of caffeine. As I waited in line to order my latte, I skimmed the chalkboard menu on the wall when a sudden twinge of hunger pain came on and I knew I better order something.
Located in the space that formerly housed Songbird Coffee, Be Coffee + Food + Stuff opened less than two years ago and inhabits the small front section of the Monorchid event space.
I honestly wasn’t expecting much given the lack of kitchen room, but I was about to be proven so wrong.
The breakfast sandwich consists of warm ham, scrambled eggs, melted Muenster cheese on a griddled MJ English muffin ( I decided to add avocado).
After a short wait, my name was called and I went to the small window counter to retrieve my sandwich. I was taken aback by how big it was.
I quickly took a seat at one of the small tables and sunk my teeth into this bad boy.
Damn. Hands down, Be Coffee +Food + Stuff has perfected the art of the breakfast sandwich!
The homemade taste of the English muffin was just the start. Warm, fluffy scrambled eggs, griddled ham and fresh avocado piled high as melty Muenster cheese and mayo oozed out the sides. I think I verbally let out a “yum.”
To stumble across an unexpected treasure like this is truly a foodie’s dream come true.
To top it off, my latte was stellar and the staff was incredibly warm and welcoming.
Next time you are in the area grab some great coffee from Be Coffee + Food + Stuff, but don’t even think about leaving there without one of these sandwiches!
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- He Said: The best breakfast sandwich in Phoenix is at Be Coffee + Food + Stuff
- He Said: Can't-miss upcoming foodie events in the Phoenix area
- She Said: Best Phoenix-area bars to watch the Super Bowl
- He Said: Wine-paired dinners at Match Cuisine & Cocktails makes for a great meal
- She Said: Improve your year with these five good mood foods
- She Said: Five places to get mood-improving food in the Phoenix area
- He Said: Wild Thaiger may be the best Thai food in the Phoenix area
- Get your holiday gifts at Sphinx Date Palm Co. for a unique Arizona flavor
- He Said: Danzeisen Dairy should become a household name
- She Said: Street Food Cinema combines movies, food trucks in local parks