He Said: The best breakfast sandwich in Phoenix is at Be Coffee + Food + Stuff
I’ve stumbled across the best breakfast sandwich in town and it’s sandwiched — get it? — between Second and Third streets off Roosevelt Street.
On a walk toward downtown one Saturday morning, I decided to pop into Be Coffee + Food + Stuff for a boost of caffeine. As I waited in line to order my latte, I skimmed the chalkboard menu on the wall when a sudden twinge of hunger pain came on and I knew I better order something.
Located in the space that formerly housed Songbird Coffee, Be Coffee + Food + Stuff opened less than two years ago and inhabits the small front section of the Monorchid event space.
I honestly wasn’t expecting much given the lack of kitchen room, but I was about to be proven so wrong.
The breakfast sandwich consists of warm ham, scrambled eggs, melted Muenster cheese on a griddled MJ English muffin ( I decided to add avocado).
After a short wait, my name was called and I went to the small window counter to retrieve my sandwich. I was taken aback by how big it was.
I quickly took a seat at one of the small tables and sunk my teeth into this bad boy.
Damn. Hands down, Be Coffee +Food + Stuff has perfected the art of the breakfast sandwich!
The homemade taste of the English muffin was just the start. Warm, fluffy scrambled eggs, griddled ham and fresh avocado piled high as melty Muenster cheese and mayo oozed out the sides. I think I verbally let out a “yum.”
To stumble across an unexpected treasure like this is truly a foodie’s dream come true.
To top it off, my latte was stellar and the staff was incredibly warm and welcoming.
Next time you are in the area grab some great coffee from Be Coffee + Food + Stuff, but don’t even think about leaving there without one of these sandwiches!
- Arizona group aims to give free meals to more low-income students
- She Said: Cocktail Society promising start to Scottsdale Culinary Festival
- She Said: Oak & Fork offers wine bar feel inside Ak-Chin Casino
- He Said: Devour Phoenix’s first year at Desert Botanical Garden a success
- I’ll take two: Burger Battle returning to Scottsdale later this month
- He Said: Biltmore Bobby-Q offers cool, light summer options
- Celebrate International Sushi Day at the best Phoenix-area sushi spots
- She Said: Gadzooks isn't just for lunch and dinner, they have breakfast, too
- She Said: Where to go to celebrate Kentucky Derby, Cinco de Mayo
- She Said: Chef Wade's food truck takes mac 'n' cheese to another level