Six arrests made in illegal Phoenix-area marijuana grow, distribution operation
PHOENIX — Six people were arrested Wednesday in connection with an illegal operation to grow and distribute marijuana in the Phoenix area, police said.
The Surprise Police Department said the arrests were made after a monthlong investigation into the Frosty’s Fresh enterprise, which was run out of four houses in Surprise and one in Tempe.
When serving a search warrant, officers found a number of marijuana plants that would yield about 213 pounds. About 10 pounds of cultivated buds and two pounds of marijuana wax were also found.
Officers also found firearms.
Police estimated the illegal substances have a street value of $714,000. An additional $12,237 in cash was found at the scene.
All six people arrested — Cody Ivey, Tara Papano, Justin Parker, Crystalgail Gutierrez, Tyler Hall and Joshua Harris — face felony charges, including illegal control of an enterprise, misconduct involving weapons, possession of marijuana for sale and production of marijuana for sale.
- Weekend wrap-up: Biggest Arizona stories over this past weekend
- Arizona DPS director would like Supreme Court ruling on marijuana
- Arizona court: Officers violated man’s rights with warrantless GPS tracking
- Duty dog sniffs out ton of marijuana in RV at Arizona border
- Medical marijuana in Arizona will not be challenged by US Supreme Court