PHOENIX — Six people were arrested Wednesday in connection with an illegal operation to grow and distribute marijuana in the Phoenix area, police said.
The Surprise Police Department said the arrests were made after a monthlong investigation into the Frosty’s Fresh enterprise, which was run out of four houses in Surprise and one in Tempe.
When serving a search warrant, officers found a number of marijuana plants that would yield about 213 pounds. About 10 pounds of cultivated buds and two pounds of marijuana wax were also found.
Officers also found firearms.
Police estimated the illegal substances have a street value of $714,000. An additional $12,237 in cash was found at the scene.
All six people arrested — Cody Ivey, Tara Papano, Justin Parker, Crystalgail Gutierrez, Tyler Hall and Joshua Harris — face felony charges, including illegal control of an enterprise, misconduct involving weapons, possession of marijuana for sale and production of marijuana for sale.
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- Arizona voter initiatives aim to legalize all drugs, marijuana in 2018 election
- Deputies find Peoria marijuana operation, seize $22,000 in plants and drugs
- Arizona rep: Nukes could be smuggled across US-Mexico border in marijuana bales
- Border Patrol agents find drug catapult, marijuana bundles at US-Mexico border
- House fire in Phoenix leads authorities to big stash of marijuana