PHOENIX — Six people were arrested Wednesday in connection with an illegal operation to grow and distribute marijuana in the Phoenix area, police said.
The Surprise Police Department said the arrests were made after a monthlong investigation into the Frosty’s Fresh enterprise, which was run out of four houses in Surprise and one in Tempe.
When serving a search warrant, officers found a number of marijuana plants that would yield about 213 pounds. About 10 pounds of cultivated buds and two pounds of marijuana wax were also found.
Officers also found firearms.
Police estimated the illegal substances have a street value of $714,000. An additional $12,237 in cash was found at the scene.
All six people arrested — Cody Ivey, Tara Papano, Justin Parker, Crystalgail Gutierrez, Tyler Hall and Joshua Harris — face felony charges, including illegal control of an enterprise, misconduct involving weapons, possession of marijuana for sale and production of marijuana for sale.
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Maricopa County attorney wants feds to reverse recreational marijuana laws
- Number of marijuana-related charges on decline in Maricopa County, data finds
- Arizona colleges allowed to ban on-campus medical marijuana, court rules
- Arizona voter initiatives aim to legalize all drugs, marijuana in 2018 election
- Deputies find Peoria marijuana operation, seize $22,000 in plants and drugs