Life on Capitol Hill has been quite stressful for Arizona Sen. John McCain lately.
From sparring with the White House over a deadly military raid in Yemen, to pushing back against President Donald Trump’s border wall pay plan, to raising questions about Trump’s intentions with Russia, the senior Republican senator has made his fair share of headlines this administration.
But McCain decided to have a little fun with Ashton Kutcher, as the actor testified in front of a Congressional committee on Wednesday to discuss efforts to end human trafficking.
McCain was thanking the former “Two and a Half Men” actor for his involvement in the issue as a co-founder of Thorn, a non-profit organization that fights against the sexual exploitation of children, when he decided to poke some fun at him.
“Ashton, you were better looking in the movies,” McCain said, prompting Kutcher to respond with an air kiss in what was arguably the lightest moment of the testimony.
At one point during Wednesday’s testimony, Kutcher began to choke up as he testified about a video where an American man raped a Cambodian child “that’s about the same age as mine” and the child was conditioned to think that the behavior was play.
But this isn’t the first time McCain tried to lighten the mood on the Hill: In early February, the senator was caught on camera giving the horns to CNN reporter Manu Raju.
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- McCain on media bashing by Trump: ‘That’s how dictators get started’
- Study finds underage, fearful women in Vegas sex trafficking
- Fort Bliss soldier gets 15 months for immigrant smuggling
- Really? Shuttering online brothel could hurt law enforcement
- Arizona Sen. John McCain pranks CNN reporter on-air by giving him the horns