Life on Capitol Hill has been quite stressful for Arizona Sen. John McCain lately.
From sparring with the White House over a deadly military raid in Yemen, to pushing back against President Donald Trump’s border wall pay plan, to raising questions about Trump’s intentions with Russia, the senior Republican senator has made his fair share of headlines this administration.
But McCain decided to have a little fun with Ashton Kutcher, as the actor testified in front of a Congressional committee on Wednesday to discuss efforts to end human trafficking.
McCain was thanking the former “Two and a Half Men” actor for his involvement in the issue as a co-founder of Thorn, a non-profit organization that fights against the sexual exploitation of children, when he decided to poke some fun at him.
“Ashton, you were better looking in the movies,” McCain said, prompting Kutcher to respond with an air kiss in what was arguably the lightest moment of the testimony.
At one point during Wednesday’s testimony, Kutcher began to choke up as he testified about a video where an American man raped a Cambodian child “that’s about the same age as mine” and the child was conditioned to think that the behavior was play.
But this isn’t the first time McCain tried to lighten the mood on the Hill: In early February, the senator was caught on camera giving the horns to CNN reporter Manu Raju.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Reporter allegedly gets body-slammed by Republican candidate in Montana
- Man faces 30 years for immigrant smuggling operation
- John McCain says Trump scandals are of ‘Watergate scale and size’
- Nearly $1 million verdict in sexual assault of girl in Laos
- AP Exclusive: Big child webcam sex bust reveals rising abuse