PHOENIX — Two staff members at the same junior high school in Gilbert were arrested this week for allegedly being involved in inappropriate relationships with students, police said. [caption id="attachment_1461678" align="alignright" width="161"] Brandon Bedell (Photo: MCSO)[/caption] [caption id="attachment_1461679" align="alignleft" width="155"] Jael Cerda (Photo: MCSO)[/caption]
Benjamin Bedell, a 37-year-old teacher, and Jael Cerda, a 23-year-old softball coach, were arrested for allegedly having inappropriate relationships with Gilbert Junior High School students.
Bedell was arrested and charged Monday with one count of endangering the life or health of a minor and one count of contributing to the delinquency of a minor, both misdemeanors.
Cerda was arrested and charged Tuesday with one count of sexual abuse and one count of sexual conduct with a minor, which are both felony charges.
Police say the alleged incidents do not appear to be connected and there is no evidence at this time that more victims are involved. Police also said the alleged incidents do not appear to have happened on school property or during school hours.
- Arizona chapter of Susan G. Komen foundation to shut down
- Phoenix roller skating rink roof collapses after closing time
- Arizona sees 7.3 percent increase in fatal crashes, nearly 1,000 killed
- Arizona shopping trip fuels NY fracas between North Korea, US officials
- Oh, it’s on! Sweaty metro Phoenix power customers break usage mark