PHOENIX — The Scottsdale Culinary Festival is accepting applications from foodies who want to be a guest judge at this year’s contest through Wednesday.
The prize package the winner will receive sounds pretty tasty: two VIP passes to the festival’s festivities on Saturday, a one-night stay at the Saguaro Hotel and the chance to tour some of the state’s best restaurants, where they can trade recipe tips with chefs.
However, applying will take a few more steps than just tossing your name into the frying pan.
If you think you have the taste buds to make the cut, you’ll have to upload a 20-30 second video to Instagram, Facebook or YouTube explaining why you should be the foodie selected. Submissions must include the hashtags #SCFLOVE and #SCFFOODIE.
Videos also must be marked “public.”
A group from the Scottsdale League for the Arts will pick the top three favorites and the public will be able to vote on its favorite video through Feb. 28.
The winner will be announced March 2.
Applicants must be 21 years of age or older, live in Arizona and not have any food or dietary restrictions that would prevent them from tasting menu items.
The Scottsdale Culinary Fest is scheduled to take place April 8-9.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments