Blue Bunny launches its first ice cream food truck in Phoenix
PHOENIX — Blue Bunny Ice Cream isn’t just hopping – it’s driving.
The popular ice cream company will debut its gourmet dessert truck near Main Street and Country Club Drive in downtown Mesa on Friday night and at the Street Eats Festival in Scottsdale on Saturday.
“Phoenix is a lively and active city, especially this time of year,” local truck manager Keegan Quinn said in a press release.
Winter visitors flock to Phoenix to escape their cold climates and enjoy many spring events in Arizona such as Major League Baseball spring training.
Phoenix just enjoyed its first 80-degree weather on Thursday, but the temperatures will be back to the mid and low 70s on Saturday and Sunday.
According to the press release, the four flavors of cookies available will be baked on the truck and will offer several different ice cream flavors and topping combinations for made-to-order ice cream sandwiches.
“The truck takes the traditional ice cream sandwich experience to the next level with fresh-baked cookies and many ways to customize each cool treat,” Quinn said.
Besides Phoenix, Orlando, Fla. will also see the ice cream food truck concept in its stomping grounds.
Blue Bunny has been serving ice cream for more than 100 years and offers more than 75 flavors of ice cream.
- This jelly bean flavor is the favorite for Arizona candy lovers
- Southwest Cajun Fest brings Louisiana flavor to Chandler Park
- Campfire restrictions begin for parts of Coconino National Forest
- Arizona study finds ZIP codes serve as indicator of community health
- WalletHub: Arizona considered one of the worst in terms of child healthcare