PHOENIX — Blue Bunny Ice Cream isn’t just hopping – it’s driving.
The popular ice cream company will debut its gourmet dessert truck near Main Street and Country Club Drive in downtown Mesa on Friday night and at the Street Eats Festival in Scottsdale on Saturday.
“Phoenix is a lively and active city, especially this time of year,” local truck manager Keegan Quinn said in a press release.
Winter visitors flock to Phoenix to escape their cold climates and enjoy many spring events in Arizona such as Major League Baseball spring training.
Phoenix just enjoyed its first 80-degree weather on Thursday, but the temperatures will be back to the mid and low 70s on Saturday and Sunday.
According to the press release, the four flavors of cookies available will be baked on the truck and will offer several different ice cream flavors and topping combinations for made-to-order ice cream sandwiches.
“The truck takes the traditional ice cream sandwich experience to the next level with fresh-baked cookies and many ways to customize each cool treat,” Quinn said.
Besides Phoenix, Orlando, Fla. will also see the ice cream food truck concept in its stomping grounds.
Blue Bunny has been serving ice cream for more than 100 years and offers more than 75 flavors of ice cream.
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- Gilbert rated best place to raise a family in Arizona
- Arizona’s Catalina Highway named one of America’s best spring drives
- Grand Canyon tram project stalls before Navajo council vote
- Authorities recover body of missing jet skier at Arizona lake
- Lawmaker’s invocation reignites dispute over prayer in House