Move over Chicago, New York: Phoenix ranked America’s favorite city for pizza
PHOENIX — If you’re looking for America’s favorite place to have a slice of pizza, you don’t have to travel all the way to Chicago or New York to get it.
In fact, Phoenix was named home to America’s favorite pizza, according to Travel and Leisure.
The Valley of the Sun may not be home to classics like deep-dish or New York-style, but the city is making a name for itself with its artisanal pizza, featured at gourmet shops like Pizzeria Bianco.
The publication also cited restaurants from the chain Oregano’s to the downtown Phoenix classic Cibo Urban Pizzeria as Phoenix pizza places that are to die for.
But if you want to travel outside of Arizona for a slice of pie, Albuquerque, New Mexico, also ranked among the list of America’s favorite pizza places.
- Phoenix celebrates Chinese New Year with weekend-long festival
- Valley chefs, restaurateur named as James Beard Award semi-finalists
- Scottsdale’s Beat the Heat race to return in June after five-year hiatus
- Phoenix high school student arrested for bringing loaded gun on campus
- No Phoenix-area freeway closures over President’s Day weekend