Wolf, Jim Sharpe show you how to talk like a football pro during the Super Bowl
On Sunday, millions of Americans will gather around TVs to pig out, maybe have a couple of cocktails and talk football during Super Bowl LI.
While the game has many other attractions — commercials are always a talking point and Lady Gaga is performing at the halftime show — a healthy amount of time will be dedicated to talking about the game itself.
That can be a big problem for those of us who don’t watch football regularly. The sport can seem a little intimidating and, we’ll admit it, confusing at times. Football fans may grasp what’s going on, but those who only watch on occasion may get lost between all the references to gaps, slants and nickel and dimes.
We asked Ron Wolfley, former NFL player and host of Doug & Wolf on Arizona Sports 98.7 FM, and KTAR News 92.3 FM’s Jim Sharpe to give us some pointers on how to talk football.
The pair didn’t disappoint. Wolf even gives a breakdown of what to expect in the game so you can partake in the biggest question of the week: “Who do you think is going to win the Super Bowl?”
Don’t get us wrong: This video won’t teach you everything you need to know about the game, but it will let you sound knowledgeable while you reach for another chicken wing.
- Watch Georgia Dome go up in smoke in 12-second implosion
- Auto retailer makes big offer for Honda that appeared in funny video
- Sen. John McCain honors Veterans Day in emotional video
- Rep. Steve Scalise challenges lawmaker to scooter race in US Capitol
- Jurors see video of former Mesa officer shooting, killing unarmed man