Main Street Minute: Bank volunteers to spruce up Phoenix community center
KTAR’s Main Street Minute focuses on local businesses that are hiring, opening and hosting events across the community. These stories air each weekday on KTAR at 7:27 a.m.
• More than 200 volunteers from Chase Bank will help out at the Phoenix Chicanos Por La Causa Community Center with its to-do list on Saturday. Volunteers will do some painting, cleaning and organizing from 10:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. at 32nd Avenue and Van Buren Street.
• A West Valley high school will open in 2018 near Litchfield and Thomas roads in Avondale. The Phoenix Business Journal reports that the $23 million St. John Paul II Catholic High School will initially hire 20-25 faculty and staff and house 600 students.
• The Kyrene School District is holding a job fair Friday for any current or soon-to-be certified teachers. The fair will be at the district office near Kyrene and Warner roads in Tempe from 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Mesa school custodian arrested for luring minor for sex over 3 years
- Low-income minority community debates Phoenix rail extension
- Phoenix developer bids $7.2 million for 23 acres of State Trust Land
- EEOC accuses Arizona company of racial and sexual harassment
- Child hit by vehicle after running into Phoenix street, police say