‘Today Show’ hosts spooked on-air by horror film ‘Rings’ prank
Just days after producers scared some poor, unsuspecting shoppers with a prank for the horror film “Rings,” the hosts of “Today Show” got spooked on-air with a similar prank.
The hosts of “Today Show” were doing an on-air segment about the outrageous items that travelers have tried to sneak past security and get on the airplane.
The items were hidden away in suitcases and the hosts began unzipping the suitcases, revealing the items and explaining the real-life situations.
But things quickly took a turn, when Natalie Morales opened the second suitcase to reveal a girl — specifically, Samara from “Rings.”
Morales was definitely surprised when she opened the suitcase to find a creepy, crawly, demon-like stranger in the suitcase and even took to Hoda Kotb for protection while Matt Lauer, Al Roker and Tamron Hall looked on.
Luckily, it was all in good fun and both the hosts and Natasha King, the girl who played Samara, made up at the end.
- Disney’s ‘Mary Poppins Returns’ trailer lands, and it’s practically perfect
- Phoenix-area company negotiating movie rights for Thai cave rescue
- Joe Arpaio says he was duped by ‘Borat’ star Sacha Baron Cohen
- ‘Monsters University’ named most popular Disney-Pixar film in Arizona
- Watch 3 ex-presidents talk about John McCain in trailer for HBO movie