Police: Two dead in Phoenix-area home fire
PHOENIX — Two people have been found dead in a Queen Creek home after authorities put out a fire there Wednesday night.
It is not immediately clear how the people died and police have not released their identities.
The city’s Fire Department received reports around 4:30 p.m. Wednesday about a fire at a house near Hawkes and Chandler Heights roads.
Fire officials say the blaze was contained and two people were then discovered dead inside the home.
Sgt. Joaquin Enriquez with the Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office said in a tweet that the investigation is continuing.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Phoenix named one of the top 10 friendliest small business locations
- Phoenix jury convicts Syrian man accused of making bomb component
- Police situation forces closure of I-17 in Phoenix during rush hour
- Here are some fun things to do in the Valley this St. Patrick’s Day weekend
- Phoenix-area zoo welcomes birth of two mountain lion cubs