Police: Two dead in Phoenix-area home fire
PHOENIX — Two people have been found dead in a Queen Creek home after authorities put out a fire there Wednesday night.
It is not immediately clear how the people died and police have not released their identities.
The city’s Fire Department received reports around 4:30 p.m. Wednesday about a fire at a house near Hawkes and Chandler Heights roads.
Fire officials say the blaze was contained and two people were then discovered dead inside the home.
Sgt. Joaquin Enriquez with the Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office said in a tweet that the investigation is continuing.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Officials educate Phoenix homeowners about fire prevention during holidays
- Claims of fear to return home spike at US-Mexico border
- When it comes to credit card burden, Phoenix is about average
- Pack of dogs captured safely after running along Phoenix freeway
- 15-year-old pedestrian dies after being hit by vehicle in Phoenix