Police: Two dead in Phoenix-area home fire
PHOENIX — Two people have been found dead in a Queen Creek home after authorities put out a fire there Wednesday night.
It is not immediately clear how the people died and police have not released their identities.
The city’s Fire Department received reports around 4:30 p.m. Wednesday about a fire at a house near Hawkes and Chandler Heights roads.
Fire officials say the blaze was contained and two people were then discovered dead inside the home.
Sgt. Joaquin Enriquez with the Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office said in a tweet that the investigation is continuing.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Silver Alert canceled after Phoenix man, 72, was found in good health
- Phoenix police chief reminds drivers to exercise caution after officer’s death
- Kate Gallego sworn in as Phoenix’s 61st mayor, renews campaign vows
- Phil Collins isn’t dead, and he’s coming to Phoenix this fall
- Man claims Phoenix officers assaulted him; police investigating