Man suspected of stealing truck leads police on chase across Phoenix area
PHOENIX — Police said the man they suspected of stealing a truck and leading them on a chase across the Phoenix area on Tuesday has died.
Arizona highway trooper Kameron Lee said Bradley Burton Moore, 29, was killed when the truck crashed off Interstate 17 near Camp Verde. Moore had driven almost 100 miles trying to escape authorities, starting in Gilbert.
Reports said Moore, of Yuma, was accused of taking the white construction truck from the Gilbert area.
Moore drove on several freeways, including the Loop 101 westbound, before driving north on I-17.
News helicopter video showed the vehicle was apparently missing its front left tire and hit speeds of about 100 mph.
A police helicopter followed the truck, with at least one marked and one unmarked vehicle.
Lee said troopers twice used spike strips to puncture tires of the truck. Moore lost control on a curve about 18 miles after the second spiking.
I-17 was reopened about 3:40 p.m.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
Show Podcasts and Interviews
- Police: Man jumped out of moving car, driver arrested in Phoenix
- Phoenix police chief looks to internal fixes to address shootings
- Mesa man charged in 3 killings pleads guilty to burglary counts
- US Rep.-elect Greg Stanton looks to address gun violence at federal level
- Phoenix-area man among 5 Marines killed in aircraft crash near Japan