Man suspected of stealing truck leads police on chase across Phoenix area
PHOENIX — Police said the man they suspected of stealing a truck and leading them on a chase across the Phoenix area on Tuesday has died.
Arizona highway trooper Kameron Lee said Bradley Burton Moore, 29, was killed when the truck crashed off Interstate 17 near Camp Verde. Moore had driven almost 100 miles trying to escape authorities, starting in Gilbert.
Reports said Moore, of Yuma, was accused of taking the white construction truck from the Gilbert area.
Moore drove on several freeways, including the Loop 101 westbound, before driving north on I-17.
News helicopter video showed the vehicle was apparently missing its front left tire and hit speeds of about 100 mph.
A police helicopter followed the truck, with at least one marked and one unmarked vehicle.
Lee said troopers twice used spike strips to puncture tires of the truck. Moore lost control on a curve about 18 miles after the second spiking.
I-17 was reopened about 3:40 p.m.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Phoenix named one of the top 10 friendliest small business locations
- Phoenix jury convicts Syrian man accused of making bomb component
- Police situation forces closure of I-17 in Phoenix during rush hour
- Here are some fun things to do in the Valley this St. Patrick’s Day weekend
- Phoenix-area zoo welcomes birth of two mountain lion cubs