I’m wrapping up my second full week of shows at KTAR. It’s been an incredibly rewarding experience.
Reality Check is a show for people who can think critically. Those who can tend to research information presented and come to a common sense conclusion.
To those who support the show and have called or sent words of encouragement, I thank you for your support. We’ve only just begun.
However, there are some whose entire worldview is based on information contained no deeper than the headline, or only believe information that supports their particular ideology. Those tend to pray every night I go off the air sooner rather than later.
Of that group, there will be some who will ignore this message and troll the comment section below. To the rest of you, all I ask is for you to consider these questions:
What if there really are establishment politicians from both parties that look out for their best interests rather than ours?
What if those establishment politicians act like they are playing for the Republican or Democrats in front of the cameras, but in reality play for the same team?
What if your hard-earned tax dollars are really going to crony capitalism with leaders making themselves, their families and their friends rich with your money?
What if we’ve been led to believe it was Republican versus Democrat, but in reality it’s the people against the establishment?
What if our government is purposefully allowing people into our country who have made it clear they want to do harm to us?
What if they want to see attacks so we all react just as we did on 9/11, so they can curtail more constitutional freedoms with flashy sounding laws, such as the Patriot Act and create more national security agencies?
What if many members of the media are working with the establishment, using lies to manipulate you into hating groups of people that you actually have no reason to hate?
What if the racial divide is being exploited to keep the citizens at odds so that there’s no chance of them organizing for a common cause?
What if we really agree on more issues than not but just don’t know it because we spend all of our time debating a few topics?
What if the U.S. is actually the aggressor on the world stage by overthrowing governments, starting civil wars and killing tens of thousands of innocent civilians in the process?
What if the people in charge of our country will do anything to keep power to them selves, including allowing our country to suffer greatly?
What if those in control know there is corruption so rampant, that if exposed, it will shake the foundation of our entire government?
What if powerful people in our government who would rather go to war with a country like Russia than allow someone who is an outsider become the president?
What if the media is concocting stories to destroy in an attempt to delegitimize President-elect Donald Trump and escalate tensions with Russia?
What if Trump isn’t really a racist?
What if he actually loves this country?
What if he really does want to bring jobs back to America?
What if he just wants to do what’s best for the country and isn’t in this to get richer?
What if those of us who voted for Trump really are good people?
What if our primary motivation in voting for Trump was not we’re because we’re racists, xenophobes, sexists or homophobes but because we know our government is no longer “of the people, by the people and for the people”?
Only time will tell on many of these issues — some sooner than others — but what if I’m not as wrong as you think?
What if I’m actually right?
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Caring Crisis: Rising tide In Alzheimer’s disease leads to shortage of caregivers
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- At 100 days in, Trump rallies backers in PA, claims ‘change’
- The Latest: Trump attacks news media on night of dinner
- Trump’s first 100 days: A conversation with Chuck Coughlin
- Trump’s first 100 days a show of perseverance in face of Obama-led opposition
- Sharper Point: Things Donald Trump should have focused on in his first 100 days