PHOENIX — “Through the teeth, over the gums, look out tummy, here it comes” will soon take on a new twist in Arizona, thanks to a fast food chain.
On Wednesday, Taco Bell announced that its Naked Chicken Chalupa — a taco that has a shell that is made of deep-fried chicken — would be released nationwide later this month.
In addition to the shell — that, again, is made of nothing but 4 ounces of fried, all-white, seasoned chicken — the taco will come with lettuce, tomatoes, cheddar cheese and avocado ranch sauce.
“Something this delicious yet different is bound to ruffle some feathers; some might even cluck their tongues at it,” Marisa Thalberg, chief marketing officer at Taco Bell Corp., said.
“However, we feel confident that, once our fans get a taste of the Naked Chicken Chalupa, they are going to understand exactly why this is our next big, fun and craveable innovation, following in the footsteps of the Doritos Locos Tacos five years ago and the Quesalupa just last year.”
The fast-food chain said the taco tested well in markets in Bakersfield, California, and Kansas City, Missouri, over the past two years.
The taco will be priced at $2.99, but prices and availability can depend on the location. It will also be offered in a $5 meal box.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night