We likely won’t see a trailer for the standalone young Han Solo “Star Wars” film for at least another year, but we know another actor who will appear in it.
On Wednesday, Lucasfilm announced that Woody Harrelson has joined the cast of the as-of-yet-unnamed film that is set to be released in 2018.
“We couldn’t be more excited to work with an artist with as much depth and range as Woody,” the film’s directors, Phil Lord and Christopher Miller, told StarWars.com. “His ability to find both humor and pathos, often in the same role, is truly unique.”
But who Harrelson will be playing is a little bit of a mystery. Movie news website Collider said the “Hunger Games” star will likely play some sort of mentor to a younger Solo, who eventually becomes one of the smoothest smugglers in the galaxy.
Collider also said Lucasfilm considered Christian Bale of “Batman” fame for the spot, but ultimately decided Harrelson would be the best fit.
The Han Solo movie has already assembled a pretty impressive cast. In addition to Harrelson, actors Donald Glover (who will play Solo’s buddy Lando Calrissian) and Emilia Clarke have signed on to star in the movie, while Alden Ehrenreich is set to play Solo himself.
For those needing a “Star Wars” fix sooner than 2018, might we remind you that “Rogue One: A Star Wars Story” is still in theaters and Episode VIII is scheduled for release later this year.
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- ‘Star Wars’ unveils name for Episode 8: ‘The Last Jedi’
- Phoenix group hosting lightsaber walk to honor ‘Star Wars’ actress Carrie Fisher
- Fans pay tribute to Carrie Fisher, make temporary star on Walk of Fame
- Every little girl has their princess and Carrie Fisher’s Leia was mine
- Actress Carrie Fisher of ‘Star Wars’ fame dies at 60