We likely won’t see a trailer for the standalone young Han Solo “Star Wars” film for at least another year, but we know another actor who will appear in it.
On Wednesday, Lucasfilm announced that Woody Harrelson has joined the cast of the as-of-yet-unnamed film that is set to be released in 2018.
“We couldn’t be more excited to work with an artist with as much depth and range as Woody,” the film’s directors, Phil Lord and Christopher Miller, told StarWars.com. “His ability to find both humor and pathos, often in the same role, is truly unique.”
But who Harrelson will be playing is a little bit of a mystery. Movie news website Collider said the “Hunger Games” star will likely play some sort of mentor to a younger Solo, who eventually becomes one of the smoothest smugglers in the galaxy.
Collider also said Lucasfilm considered Christian Bale of “Batman” fame for the spot, but ultimately decided Harrelson would be the best fit.
The Han Solo movie has already assembled a pretty impressive cast. In addition to Harrelson, actors Donald Glover (who will play Solo’s buddy Lando Calrissian) and Emilia Clarke have signed on to star in the movie, while Alden Ehrenreich is set to play Solo himself.
For those needing a “Star Wars” fix sooner than 2018, might we remind you that “Rogue One: A Star Wars Story” is still in theaters and Episode VIII is scheduled for release later this year.
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Caring Crisis: Rising tide In Alzheimer’s disease leads to shortage of caregivers
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- ‘Star Wars’ actor John Boyega pulls hilarious prank, photobombs fans at convention
- Fifth installment of ‘Indiana Jones’ series to be released in 2020
- ‘Star Wars’ releases heartwarming tribute video for actress Carrie Fisher
- First trailer for ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ released, internet freaks out
- ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ gets the hilarious ‘Bad Lip Reading’ treatment