We likely won’t see a trailer for the standalone young Han Solo “Star Wars” film for at least another year, but we know another actor who will appear in it.
On Wednesday, Lucasfilm announced that Woody Harrelson has joined the cast of the as-of-yet-unnamed film that is set to be released in 2018.
“We couldn’t be more excited to work with an artist with as much depth and range as Woody,” the film’s directors, Phil Lord and Christopher Miller, told StarWars.com. “His ability to find both humor and pathos, often in the same role, is truly unique.”
But who Harrelson will be playing is a little bit of a mystery. Movie news website Collider said the “Hunger Games” star will likely play some sort of mentor to a younger Solo, who eventually becomes one of the smoothest smugglers in the galaxy.
Collider also said Lucasfilm considered Christian Bale of “Batman” fame for the spot, but ultimately decided Harrelson would be the best fit.
The Han Solo movie has already assembled a pretty impressive cast. In addition to Harrelson, actors Donald Glover (who will play Solo’s buddy Lando Calrissian) and Emilia Clarke have signed on to star in the movie, while Alden Ehrenreich is set to play Solo himself.
For those needing a “Star Wars” fix sooner than 2018, might we remind you that “Rogue One: A Star Wars Story” is still in theaters and Episode VIII is scheduled for release later this year.
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- Fan-made ‘The Last Jedi’ trailer fakes out ‘Star Wars’ fans online
- May the Force be with you: Standalone Han Solo ‘Star Wars’ film gets summer release
- Get your lightsabers: Disneyland to open ‘Star Wars’ attraction in 2019
- ‘Star Wars’ unveils name for Episode 8: ‘The Last Jedi’
- Phoenix group hosting lightsaber walk to honor ‘Star Wars’ actress Carrie Fisher