We’re not even in two weeks into 2017 and the Hollywood award season is under way.
On Sunday, things started off with a glitzy appeal as the stars assembled at the Beverly Hills Hilton to take part in the 2017 Golden Globes awards ceremony.
And if we learned anything from it, several movies — “La La Land,” “Moonlight” and “Manchester by the Sea,” especially — are going to be names we are all vastly familiar with by the time the Academy Awards roll around at the end of February.
But what else can we predict about the culmination of movie award season — the Oscars — based on the Golden Globes? We asked our resident movie expert, Bruce St. James, to hazard some guesses.
Let’s put it this way: Get used to hearing the name Ryan Gosling. A. Lot.
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- Twitter is a winner, no envelope necessary, on gaffe at Oscars
- ‘Moonlight’ wins best picture at botched Academy Awards
- Awkward moment dominates conclusion of Oscars after wrong winner is announced
- Jimmy Kimmel continues to mess with Matt Damon at Oscars
- The Latest: ‘Moonlight’ wins best picture Academy Award