Predicting the Academy Awards based on the Golden Globes winners
We’re not even in two weeks into 2017 and the Hollywood award season is under way.
On Sunday, things started off with a glitzy appeal as the stars assembled at the Beverly Hills Hilton to take part in the 2017 Golden Globes awards ceremony.
And if we learned anything from it, several movies — “La La Land,” “Moonlight” and “Manchester by the Sea,” especially — are going to be names we are all vastly familiar with by the time the Academy Awards roll around at the end of February.
But what else can we predict about the culmination of movie award season — the Oscars — based on the Golden Globes? We asked our resident movie expert, Bruce St. James, to hazard some guesses.
Let’s put it this way: Get used to hearing the name Ryan Gosling. A. Lot.
- It’s no Oscars joke: Lake Havasu and Disneyland share common bond
- Opinion: Can you love movies and still hate the Oscars?
- Special: Debate over gun violence in schools divides Arizona experts
- Del Toro’s ‘Shape of Water’ lands a leading 13 Oscar nominations
- ‘Three Billboards’ sweeps female-focused SAG Awards