We’re not even in two weeks into 2017 and the Hollywood award season is under way.
On Sunday, things started off with a glitzy appeal as the stars assembled at the Beverly Hills Hilton to take part in the 2017 Golden Globes awards ceremony.
And if we learned anything from it, several movies — “La La Land,” “Moonlight” and “Manchester by the Sea,” especially — are going to be names we are all vastly familiar with by the time the Academy Awards roll around at the end of February.
But what else can we predict about the culmination of movie award season — the Oscars — based on the Golden Globes? We asked our resident movie expert, Bruce St. James, to hazard some guesses.
Let’s put it this way: Get used to hearing the name Ryan Gosling. A. Lot.
- Twitter is a winner, no envelope necessary, on gaffe at Oscars
- ‘Moonlight’ wins best picture at botched Academy Awards
- Awkward moment dominates conclusion of Oscars after wrong winner is announced
- Jimmy Kimmel continues to mess with Matt Damon at Oscars
- The Latest: ‘Moonlight’ wins best picture Academy Award