PHOENIX — Some drivers heading from Phoenix to Flagstaff on I-17 should get ready for some traffic slowdowns for the next two months.
The Arizona Department of Transportation said alternating northbound lane restrictions will be in place between New River and Coldwater Canyon roads in Black Canyon City for a repaving project. The restrictions will be in place overnight.
ADOT said that crews have completed the southbound lanes and began working on the northbound lanes this week.
Crews will also close the on- and off-ramps at Table Mesa Road to repave during the hours of 6:30 p.m. and 6 a.m. on Tuesday and Wednesday.
The $10.8 million pavement project this will remove an existing layer of pavement and repave it with a new layer of smooth, rubberized asphalt. The project is set to be finished by summer.
Drivers should use caution through the work zone and watch out for construction workers and machinery.
- Interstates 10, 17 among Phoenix freeways to have weekend closures
- South Mountain Freeway work to close part of I-10 in Phoenix
- Arizona sees 7.3 percent increase in fatal crashes, nearly 1,000 killed
- 6 killed in dust storm wreck on Interstate 10 near Arizona
- Northbound I-17 portion to be closed over weekend in Phoenix