PHOENIX — Looking for a job? A Phoenix suburb has been selected as the best place in the country to land a job in the coming year.
According to financial website WalletHub, Scottsdale is the place to be if you’re looking for work (or maybe just a change in scenery) in 2017.
But Scottsdale isn’t the only Phoenix suburb that is prime turf for job seekers. WalletHub said four other cities — Chandler, Tempe, Peoria and Gilbert — are among the top 20 cities in the country for jobs.
The top ranking is a big jump for Scottsdale. The city came in 16th on the list last year.
The city received the top score in the site’s job market rating, which included factors such as the number of job opportunities, employment growth and the unemployment rates, among many other factors.
Scottsdale also did well on the site’s socio-economic environment score, which took into account the working and commuting time, benefit, housing affordability and other factors, including median annual income.
WalletHub said Scottsdale has the fourth-highest median annual income in the nation.
The website said Gilbert is the top city in the country for the highest median annual income, while Chandler came in one place below Scottsdale at No. 5.
Gilbert also did well on the site’s affordable housing ranking. The East Valley suburb was ranked fifth in the nation when it comes to finding a place to live that won’t break the bank.
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains