My husband has two trucks, one of which is a work truck at his construction site. It’s in really bad shape, and he wants to take $16,000 out of savings to buy another one. We only have $17,000 in the account. What should we do?
Your husband wants to drain your savings to buy a $16,000 vehicle and roll it up to a construction site? I think this guy has been watching too many macho-man truck commercials.
In the real world, some hard hat will run into it with a piece of heavy equipment or drop a load of bricks off center and put some big-time damage on this truck before he puts 1,000 miles on it.
He wants to buy way too much truck. This kind of decision will wreck your finances and spell bad news for the business, too.
You can buy a perfectly good work truck for $6,000 or $7,000, and that’s what he needs to do.
This truck is going to get destroyed, and trashing an inexpensive truck is a much better idea than trashing the family finances!
- Dave Ramsey says: Never take a loan against retirement
- Dave Ramsey says: Make grown daughter stand on her own
- Dave Ramsey says: Renter should talk to attorney about owners foreclosure
- Dave Ramsey says: Best way to ask for raise is to have discussion
- Dave Ramsey says: Pay off hospital for baby-related medical bills