My husband has two trucks, one of which is a work truck at his construction site. It’s in really bad shape, and he wants to take $16,000 out of savings to buy another one. We only have $17,000 in the account. What should we do?
Your husband wants to drain your savings to buy a $16,000 vehicle and roll it up to a construction site? I think this guy has been watching too many macho-man truck commercials.
In the real world, some hard hat will run into it with a piece of heavy equipment or drop a load of bricks off center and put some big-time damage on this truck before he puts 1,000 miles on it.
He wants to buy way too much truck. This kind of decision will wreck your finances and spell bad news for the business, too.
You can buy a perfectly good work truck for $6,000 or $7,000, and that’s what he needs to do.
This truck is going to get destroyed, and trashing an inexpensive truck is a much better idea than trashing the family finances!
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Here’s why Gaydos went tankless with his water heater
- 12 things to watch before the Oscars
- Bocce ball and basketball: How you can help Arizona's Special Olympics athletes
- Tips on building the best wine room in Arizona
- Avoid the nightmare: 6 tips to choose a great contractor
- Breast cancer: Improved testing and treatments means more survivors
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- Dave Ramsey says: Use a broker to shop around for long-term care insurance
- Dave Ramsey Says: Tackle financial anxiety one ‘slow, sure’ step at a time
- Dave Ramsey says: Couple should be on same page financially
- Here are some last-minute, inexpensive ways to spend Valentine’s Day
- Five cheap, unique Valentine’s Day date ideas to spend with your loved one