My husband has two trucks, one of which is a work truck at his construction site. It’s in really bad shape, and he wants to take $16,000 out of savings to buy another one. We only have $17,000 in the account. What should we do?
Your husband wants to drain your savings to buy a $16,000 vehicle and roll it up to a construction site? I think this guy has been watching too many macho-man truck commercials.
In the real world, some hard hat will run into it with a piece of heavy equipment or drop a load of bricks off center and put some big-time damage on this truck before he puts 1,000 miles on it.
He wants to buy way too much truck. This kind of decision will wreck your finances and spell bad news for the business, too.
You can buy a perfectly good work truck for $6,000 or $7,000, and that’s what he needs to do.
This truck is going to get destroyed, and trashing an inexpensive truck is a much better idea than trashing the family finances!
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- Dave Ramsey says: Roommates need to talk about bill-paying responsibilities
- Dave Ramsey says: Keep limited liability company in place for now
- Dave Ramsey says: Let’s be clear – keep away from gold as investment option
- Dave Ramsey says: Wife is right — pay off credit card ASAP
- Dave Ramsey says: Rely on financial advice, not a teacher’s, for a home loan