PHOENIX — The past 12 months have been quite the ride.
From the slew of unexpected celebrity deaths to the election of President-elect Donald Trump, 2016 seemed to have curveball after curveball waiting for all of us.
To help make sense of the madness that was 2016, we asked some of our hosts and employees what they thought was the biggest story of the year.
We’re not really going to spoil anything by saying Trump’s election tops the list, but everyone has a different take on it.
What gets your vote for the biggest news story of 2016? Let us know in the comments below.
Thanks for reading KTAR.com and listening to KTAR News 92.3 FM all year long. From all of us here, we hope you have a very safe and enjoyable New Year’s.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Phoenix teen hears back from Emma Stone on prom date invite
- Former Arizona sheriff Paul Babeu rips show guest on deportation views
- Arizona’s effort to boost trade with Mexico faces hurdle under Trump administration
- Arizona voter registration numbers rise months after the general election
- Donald Trump would not be first president to appoint family member