A 37-year-old woman was taking a walk near Stapley and Broadway roads in Mesa on Friday, July 6, 2012 when a pickup truck pulled up next to her.
“The first suspect grabs her, forces her into the truck where the second suspect was already sitting,” Phoenix Police Sgt. Darren Burch said. “They basically sandwiched her inside the cab of that truck and then drove her a short distance to a park where she was sexually assaulted.”
The men then forced her out of the truck and took off. The woman was able to give a good description of the man that grabbed her and assaulted her while the other guy held her.
Burch said she was also able to describe the pick-up.
“It was a blue, 2005 or newer, Ford F-250 extended cab,” he said. “It had an unknown Arizona license plate.”
Our next case is the robbery of a busy grocery store.
“This one’s kind of different,” Burch said. “It occurred on June 25, 2012. It was a Monday, about 7:30 at night when a female walked into the Fry’s at 32nd Street and Bell Road. She walked up to the customer service counter and displayed a note demanding money.”
She also said she had a gun. She got the cash and left on foot.
- Police need leads in Mesa boy’s murder [RE-BROADCAST OF 10/29/2012]
- Police hoping for leads in Valley cold case murder, robbery
- Police looking for suspects in robbery, assault [RE-BROADCAST OF 10/22/2012]
- Police looking for two voyeurism suspects in Valley
- Phoenix police looking for leads in murder, robbery [RE-BROADCAST OF 10/15/2012]