What are your thoughts on transferring an IRA over to gold?
Honestly, I think that’s about the dumbest thing a person could do. I hope I wasn’t unclear.
Gold is going down like a rock right now as people start to believe in the economy and the economic direction of this country again.
The stock market indicates this is true, and in the process, gold becomes worth less and less. Gold is essentially a fear-based product, and the less fear that’s out there, the cheaper gold is.
That’s not how you want to fund your IRA, Sandy.
You want to fund it with something that has a long track record based on growth due to the performance of the companies involved — not someone’s greed or fear.
Gold is a horrible investment and I don’t own any except for one nice watch and a pair of cufflinks. That’s it!
- Best and worst of Super Bowl commercials
- Failed back surgery: New hope for patients living in pain
- Ticking time bombs: Telltale signs your water heater is about to explode
- Reading glasses could be a thing of the past
- 6 cool ways teachers are using technology in the classroom
- Emerging tech jobs in Phoenix and how to get one in 2017
- 4 top treatments athletes use for pain
- Emergency! What to do when bathrooms flood
- Operation Santa Claus needs holiday help
- This college bowl season is likely to be epic
- Arizona kids in crisis: How you can help
- 11 holiday classics for the ultimate movie marathon
- 2016 college football rivalry games you simply can't miss
- New treatment offers hope for migraine sufferers
- 11 stadiums to watch your favorite football team
- Shopping for a TV? Best models for 2016
- The new beer pairing guide for holiday foods
- Avoid this holiday plumbing disaster in your home
- 7 tips to avoid holiday weight gain
- New treatments mean better prostate cancer survival rates
- 5 of the scariest things found in drains
- 6 tips to create the best family movie night
- New bone marrow procedure holds promise for healing pain
- The best places to celebrate Fall in Phoenix
- Infamous athletes who did the most time for their crimes
- Diet, exercise and aspirin: 3 tools to fight colon cancer
- 2016 baseball highlights, bloopers and blunders
- See how CFOs really feel about business in the Valley
- The best television shows on the internet
- The 5 worst things you could do for your roof
- Dave Ramsey says: Roommates need to talk about bill-paying responsibilities
- Dave Ramsey says: Keep limited liability company in place for now
- Dave Ramsey says: Draining savings to buy truck for construction site is nuts
- Tee up: Golf industry brings $3.9B to Arizona economy in 2014
- Dave Ramsey says: Wife is right — pay off credit card ASAP