Dave Ramsey says: Let’s be clear – keep away from gold as investment option
What are your thoughts on transferring an IRA over to gold?
Honestly, I think that’s about the dumbest thing a person could do. I hope I wasn’t unclear.
Gold is going down like a rock right now as people start to believe in the economy and the economic direction of this country again.
The stock market indicates this is true, and in the process, gold becomes worth less and less. Gold is essentially a fear-based product, and the less fear that’s out there, the cheaper gold is.
That’s not how you want to fund your IRA, Sandy.
You want to fund it with something that has a long track record based on growth due to the performance of the companies involved — not someone’s greed or fear.
Gold is a horrible investment and I don’t own any except for one nice watch and a pair of cufflinks. That’s it!
- ATM turns 50, forever changes consumer behavior
- Dave Ramsey says: Rid yourself of debt in 18 months with tight budget
- Dave Ramsey says: Stick to wedding plans, tackle debt together
- Dave Ramsey says: Prepaid debit cards teach kids wrong message
- Dave Ramsey says: Baby Step 3 is for emergencies, not income stopgap