Reports Tuesday indicate co-owner of the Los Angeles Clippers, Shelly Sterling, and her representatives are hoping to sell the team, caught between media cross fire and racist remarks, by the end of this week.
According to CNN.com, three-fourths of NBA owners will have to approve of any sale by the Sterlings.
Shelly Sterling has been reportedly speaking with several potential buyers, such as ex-Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer.
Shelly Sterling is also interested in fielding offers from billionaire businessman Patrick Soon-Shiong; (Grant) Hill’s group; entertainment mogul David Geffen and Oracle founder Larry Ellison; and entrepreneur Magic Johnson and the Guggenheim Partners, which two years ago teamed up to buy baseball’s Los Angeles Dodgers.
NBA Commissioner Adam Silver has remained very involved in dealing with the Clippers ownership.
Silver banned Donald Sterling, Shelly’s estranged husband, for life and fined him $2.5 million shortly after his racist comments went viral.
As of 2:45 p.m. ET Tuesday, Sterling still hadn’t responded to the NBA’s charges against him, nor had he paid the $2.5 million fine, a well-placed source said.
Donald Sterling’s deadline to respond to the NBA’s sentencing is midnight Tuesday.
The well-placed source predicted the team could sell for between $1.5 billion and $2 billion; if it’s sold, the NBA wouldn’t want either Sterling to have any stake. Shelly Sterling previously had said she wanted to own at least part of the franchise, but doesn’t want to be a controlling partner.
As of now, the NBA is still planning to vote on whether to force the Sterlings to sell the team by June 3.
- Stretches and exercises for carpal tunnel syndrome
- The best Major League ballparks have their own personality
- Comparing the best regular seasons: The '96 Bulls and '16 Warriors
- 3 Arizona road trips and the vehicles to get you there
- Colon cancer is preventable. Check these signs and symptoms to stay healthy.
- 6 of the biggest skin cancer myths
- Affordable small home makeover ideas
- Locals helping locals: 6 success stories you need to know about
- Sunscreen facts that could save your life
- 6 energy saving hacks for your home
- 5 tips for choosing a company to end your timeshare
- Overlooked water tips to save you money
- 5 of the most adored gentlemen in professional sports today
- The real danger of sitting at your desk
- Most surprising NBA playoff performances of the last 40 years
- 11 classic baseball movies you must see again
- Finally getting rid of fat: 3 methods that actually work
- 4 reasons cancer survivors should focus on food
- 5 spring cleaning spots everyone forgets
- 5 reasons to look forward to watching the D-backs this season
- Common virus attributed to spike in head and neck cancers
- 5 signs it’s time to end your timeshare ownership
- 3 most overlooked ways to keep your home healthy
- 6 ways the air in your home could be making you sick
- CrossFit dangers: 5 common injuries and how to deal with them
- Today's radiation treatments offer better success, fewer side effects
- Tips to make watching TV on the patio even better
- What really happens when you donate to a community college?
- Sun and skin cancer: Separating fact from fiction
- 5 critical lifestyle changes for a healthy colon