Parts of Loop 202 in southeast Valley to be closed over weekend
PHOENIX — Drivers in the southeast Valley should plan for some extra travel time this weekend, as parts of the Loop 202 freeway will be closed.
The Arizona Department of Transportation said the following closures will be in place:
• The westbound Loop 202 will be closed between Higley Road and Val Vista Drive from 9 p.m. Friday and 10 a.m. Saturday for the installation of a new overhead message sign and traffic-flow sensors.
• The westbound Loop 202 will be closed between Val Vista Drive and Cooper Road from 9 p.m. Saturday to 10 a.m. Sunday for the installation of a new overhead message sign and traffic-flow sensors. The westbound Loop 202 on-ramps at Williams Field Road and Santan Village Parkway will also be closed at this time.
- Arizona drivers enjoy ‘Hamilton’ signs as hit show rolls into Tempe
- Crash closes I-17 northbound in Phoenix for hours, freeway reopened
- Wreck on Loop 101 North in Tempe nearly brings traffic to standstill
- I-10 reopened in Chandler after fatal accident shuts down freeway
- Here are the Phoenix-area highway restrictions for Jan. 19 weekend