Parts of Loop 202 in southeast Valley to be closed over weekend
PHOENIX — Drivers in the southeast Valley should plan for some extra travel time this weekend, as parts of the Loop 202 freeway will be closed.
The Arizona Department of Transportation said the following closures will be in place:
• The westbound Loop 202 will be closed between Higley Road and Val Vista Drive from 9 p.m. Friday and 10 a.m. Saturday for the installation of a new overhead message sign and traffic-flow sensors.
• The westbound Loop 202 will be closed between Val Vista Drive and Cooper Road from 9 p.m. Saturday to 10 a.m. Sunday for the installation of a new overhead message sign and traffic-flow sensors. The westbound Loop 202 on-ramps at Williams Field Road and Santan Village Parkway will also be closed at this time.
- Valley street to close for 6 months for South Mountain Freeway construction
- I-10 in west Phoenix to be closed this weekend for Loop 202 work
- Wrong-way driver warning system showing promise, ADOT says
- ADOT turns to wildlife center to save owls from construction
- Portions of Loop 202 in Phoenix area to be closed during May 11 weekend