Main Street Minute: Food City hosting annual tamale festival
KTAR’s Main Street Minute focuses on local businesses that are hiring, opening and hosting events across the community. These stories air each weekday on KTAR at 7:27 a.m.
• Food City hosts its 15th annual tamale festival this weekend. The free event takes place at Cesar Chavez Plaza in Phoenix from 10 a.m. until 6 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday. There will be a tamale-tasting contest, cultural arts and crafts as well as live entertainment. The plaza is at Washington Street between First and Fourth avenues.
• The Dailey Method workout place recently moved to north Phoenix. The boutique fitness studio is celebrating its official grand opening Saturday from 8 a.m. until 4 p.m. The studio, now near State Route 51 and Deer Valley Road, is offering free workout classes, a meditation session and more.
• Special-events company Pride Group is holding a job fair Saturday from 9 a.m. until 2 p.m. at company headquarters near Kyrene and Warner roads in Tempe. Positions are available in the warehouse, security and for cash handlers and ticket takers.
- Weekend wrap-up: Biggest Arizona stories from President’s Day weekend
- Mark Kelly calls for gun control legislation after Florida shooting
- Meghan McCain shares photo of Sen. John McCain at Arizona home
- Storm expected to slam Arizona high country with strong wind
- Arizona landmarks make list of must-see attractions in North America